Harnessing the power of video
Vitec is a market-leading provider of IPTV, digital signage and video streaming technologies that help organisations harness the power of video to communicate, educate and entertain. A pioneer in the design and manufacture of hardware and software for video encoding, decoding, transcoding, archiving and streaming over IP, Vitec’s end-to-end video streaming solutions enable customers to capture TV and video content directly from any source and manage its delivery, as channels or within digital signage screens, to any connected device via an existing network.
From corporate, broadcast and venues, to accommodation, government and military, Vitec has global expertise in delivering complex, proAV solutions. Vitec’s award-winning IPTV platform is a powerful suite of services for content management, digital signage, video archiving and video wall processing. The company’s encode/decode solutions are 100% hardware based, including PCIe cards with SDK for custom design or OEM for high-performance video systems.
Vitec is a key player within the broadcast industry with a complete line of products designed to meet the highest standards of this specific market. Its comprehensive solution for management and distribution of live and on-demand IPTV content is used in broadcast centres, news and media companies and local TV stations worldwide and has become the golden standard for network-efficient, real-time distribution of in-house feeds, satellite and cable TV content on private and public networks.
Broadcast and Media Market Applications
Remote Production and 4K Contribution
Vitec’s remote production and 4K contribution video streaming solutions provides optimal quality, ultra-low latency performance and an intuitive TV experience across multiple sites. Stream live broadcast quality content to any device anywhere with error-free continuous coverage. Vitec’s powerful system administration tools and a sophisticated digital signage platform gives broadcasters reliable content control with high quality encoding compression technology. IPTV streaming solutions provide optimal quality, latency performance and intuitive TV experience. Vitec remote production and contribution solutions allow you to:
- Capture and transmit live event feeds across any network back to your control room for production with IP Contribution
- Reduce on-site infrastructure and operating costs (no TV truck) – eliminate CAPEX or OPEX
- Vitec is positioned to provide the highest studio quality content in the industry at the lowest bit rates. Products support remote contribution applications:
- Multiple cameras, synchronous cameras and/or single-shot highly produced shows – the highest quality codecs, the lowest latency codecs –
a solution for Tier 1 broadcasters
- Studio-quality 4:2:2 10-bit, ultra-low latency, under one frame glass-to-glass, enhanced features with talkback
IP Video Solutions
- Distribute live feeds from broadcast cameras around studios and production galleries for channel monitoring, so that media staff can track breaking news and monitor all available video streaming feeds
- Monitor multiple feeds simultaneously from a single desktop application, enabling staff to see various content streams on one screen
- Create tailored IPTV portals for an enhanced viewing experience on any device
- Provide a bridge between IPTV and SDI environments
- Continuously record TV channels for viewing on-demand and repurposing content
- Centrally create, manage and control TV channels and video content up to 4K from one place
Digital Signage Solutions
- Seamless integration with IP video solutions enables live TV and video to be quickly incorporated into impactful signage screens that engage, inform and entertain staff and visitors
- Enhance image by creating a unique, tailored look and feel, integrating corporate branding to promote image
- Showcase show-reels and media productions in reception and public areas
- Share relevant information – communicate live news, video and tailored information simultaneously within branded digital signage screens
- Engage your employees – provide staff with centrally-managed video entertainment in breakout areas alongside relevant information
Headquartered in Paris, France,Vitec has a global reach through offices across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and the Asia Pacific. Making a difference with green initiatives, Vitec is the first zero carbon MPEG company and encourages customers to buy GreenPEG.
In 2021, VITEC launched the GreenPEG initiative to optimise MPEG technology by addressing and minimising the size, weight and power of devices that contribute to energy consumption. Residual emissions are fully offset by investment in approved and audited carbon reduction projects. GreenPEG products are carbon neutral and thoughtfully designed to be easily disassembled and recycled to reduce the environmental impact.
Indigo Icon Tower
Cluster F – Suite 505-506
Jumeirah Lakes Towers
Tel: +971 (04) 554-7188
Business Development Director, ME
Regional Director ME
Victor Hasan, Regional Sales Manager, ME