High impact, high efficiency productions
Ross powers video productions for billions of global viewers daily with the industry’s widest range of high impact, high efficiency production solutions. Ross makes it easy to create compelling news, weather and sports broadcasts, engaging material for sports stadium screens, entertainment shows and rock concerts, educational institutions, legislative assemblies, corporate applications and inspiring content for houses of worship.
Ross solutions have impressed audiences and marketing partners of NBC Sunday Night Football, Eurosport, BBC World, Google, YouTube, Space London and China’s eSports powerhouse VSPN. Ross offers the industry’s most comprehensive range of solutions, including virtual studios, real-time motion graphics, cameras, camera motion systems, production switchers, video servers, infrastructure and routers, social media management, newsroom systems, mobile live events and creative services.
As a privately held, self-funded company, Ross Video has a long and stable history with 27 consecutive years of growth. The company owns its manufacturing facilities, doing all primary research and development in-house and marketing its products worldwide through a global sales force and network of business partners. Ross has only ever had two CEOs – founder John Ross and his son David – and the senior management team is steeped in the live production sector.
Ross Video has corporate offices in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia and supporting sales and service operations strategically located around the world. 24/7/365 technical support and immediate access to spares is crucial when deploying mission-critical technology. The company offers lifetime technical support by telephone, email and Skype. In-house research and development enable Ross Video to apply maximum creativity not only to breakthrough products but also to the long-term evolution and support of the company’s products and technologies.
Working Well with Others
Ross Video has a long history of collaborating with other industry companies. Ross understands that products do not exist in isolation and must function as a system solution if they are to deliver successful end results for customers. As an example, OverDrive (the production automation solution from Ross) integrates with products from more than 50 different manufacturers. Additionally, the Ross Audio Protocol or ‘RAP’, created through experience with OverDrive, fills a vacuum in the industry for a standard, easy-to-use protocol for audio mixers. RAP has been adopted by major audio console manufacturers and competitors.
With a comprehensive mix of hardware, software and cloud-based solutions suitable for SDI, 12G, IP and hybrid production models, Ross Video is well positioned for the future. Ross understands that the mix and convergence of these technologies is central to meeting the needs of the industry as well as growing the company. The main development lab in Ottawa is home to a growing team of highly skilled engineers who are working on the next generation of Ross Video solutions, systems and technologies. As a percentage, Ross reinvests more profit into R&D and product verification than any of its competitors.
Customer Segment Highlights
Ross Video’s customer base is global and diverse and provides the revenue stability that enables the company to navigate challenging times, continue to grow and invest in the future. Among other things, Ross Video:
- Is a leader in the production switcher market with Carbonite, the world’s best-selling midsize switcher family
- Is number one in sports stadiums, supplying behind-the-scenes equipment to deliver feeds to video boards and in-stadium display systems
- Is a key player in the esports market, providing solutions to top international esports content producers and venues such as ESL, Riot Games, Banana Culture and the HyperX Esports Arena in Las Vegas
- Manufactures OverDrive, the leader in automated production control with over 400 systems deployed globally
- Manufactures openGear and is a key player in fibre-optic transmission with more than 2,000 units shipped to ABC in New York alone
- Has a graphics platform that is not only the fastest growing solution in the market but is used to produce live graphics for flagship TV shows such as the Academy Awards, the Grammy Awards and the Tony Awards
- Provides production switchers used by top music acts to run video for concerts while on tour
- Manufacturers the virtual studio technology that enables top international companies to produce high-quality video content for both internal and external stakeholders