Transforming experiences with the science of sight and sound
From movies and TV shows, to apps, music, sports and gaming, Dolby advances the science of sight and sound into unforgettable experiences. Enabling artists, storytellers, developers and businesses with innovative technologies to help them realise their full potential, Dolby connects more deeply to audiences to deliver transformational experiences for billions around the world.
- On October 21, 2021, Dolby was honoured for developments in broadcast technology during the 73rd Engineering Emmy Awards
- Named one of the most innovative companies for its breakthrough in music, Dolby received Fast Company Awards in 2020 and 2021
- In 2018, the Smithsonian opened the Ray Dolby Gateway to American Culture, honouring his innovations and global contributions to the way the world experiences audio and video entertainment
- Since 1977, nearly every movie that has won an Academy Award in the sound categories had Dolby technology
- Dolby has received 12 Academy Awards and 17 Emmy Awards for its contributions to cinema and television
- Dolby products and services are available in more than 101 countries and regions
- The world’s most popular live awards programmes and sporting events have been broadcast in Dolby, including the Academy Awards, the Grammys, the MTV Video Music Awards and the Olympic Games
Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos
Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos are Dolby’s latest audio and visual innovations that empower spectacular entertainment experiences for billions of consumers worldwide. Dolby Vision transforms entertainment through ultravivid picture quality that brings content to life with incredible brightness, contrast, colour and detail. Dolby Atmos enhances the entertainment you love across all of your devices with immersive sound.
Fall in love with music all over again when you listen to your favourite songs in Dolby Atmos.
- Streaming services are now delivering music in Dolby Atmos, including Apple Music, Anghami and TIDAL
- Labels including Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment, Warner Music Groups have released music from their artists in Dolby Atmos
- Dolby Atmos is integrated into leading digital audio workstations such as ProTools, LogicPro and Ableton Live
Step into the story and connect more deeply with the characters of the latest shows and your favourite movies in Dolby.
- Consumers can enjoy their favourite shows and movies in Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos on leading streaming services such as Apple TV+, Disney+, Netflix, Prime Video and others
- All major Hollywood studios deliver their premium entertainment in Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos
- Thousands of movies and TV episodes have been released for the home in Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos
- More than 6,000+ Dolby Atmos enabled cinema screens have been installed globally
- Dolby offers more than 250 premium large format experiences with Dolby Cinema globally and over 200 additional locations committed
- Since its launch in 2012, 2000+ movies have been mixed in Dolby Atmos for the cinema
- There are 24 Dolby Cinema exhibitor partners in 13 countries including Reel Cinemas in UAE, AMC and muvi Cinemas in KSA and Cinescape in Kuwait
Level up your gaming performance with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. Dolby Atmos brings incredible clarity, realism and greater accuracy for more immersive gaming. Gamers with compatible Dolby Vision enabled TVs will be able to enjoy full-spectrum visuals with the rollout of Dolby Vision gaming on Xbox Series X|S.
Don’t just watch sports – live them. Dolby technologies puts you in the middle of the action across a wide range of enabled devices.
beIN Sports broadcasts key sporting events such as Euro Cup 2020, Olympics 2020, UEFA Champions League on their 4K channel in Dolby Atmos.
User Integrated Content
Dolby helps billions of users globally create and deliver breakthrough experiences. Consumers can capture, edit, share and enjoy videos in Dolby Vision on the latest iPhones. Vimeo now enables video sharing and viewing in Dolby Vision.
Dolby.io, the API platform with a collection of scalable, easy-to-use interactivity and media processing APIs enables businesses, developers and content creators to enhance every interaction and piece of content to deliver spectacular communications, collaboration and audiovisual experiences in their apps and services.
8th & 9th Floor, WeWork
The Offices 4, One Central
Dubai World Trade Centre
Tel: + 971 55448 1372