Decoding Your OTT needs
U-TO Solutions is an industry-leading software solutions company known for its innovative technology products that increase operational efficiency with cost-effectiveness. Throughout the company’s history, U-TO’s team of innovators have anticipated business trends and reinvented solutions offerings, enabling clients to remain a step ahead. Preferred by global industry leaders for over a decade and half, U-TO continues to scale newer heights each year.
U-TO believes in unifying business knowledge and technology with innovation to help its clients achieve more. It is this belief that is fast making the company the preferred choice in the APAC and the Middle East markets.
Content Rights and Licensing Platform for Intellectual Property Management
A company’s primary value lies in its intellectual assets. The media and entertainment business landscape has been constantly evolving since the OTT emergence. Today, consumers seek out what they want, when they want it, toggle between devices, juggle time slots and choose from streamed, stored and broadcasted content. The need for a robust rights management solution is being felt strongly across the industry. It has evolved from being merely a licensing function to a key tactical differentiator aiming to ensure seamless delivery of information. Rights is treated as a strategic investment, leading to an overall change in business perspective.
Distinctively for OTT business Models, RightsU interfaces with CMS applications to reverse sync and validate all the data published for consumption against period, territory, platforms (AVOD and SVOD), devices, OS, business models (premium, pay, free, hybrid, etc.), cast, video format etc, to prevent IP violations. Information is passed across multiple systems to pull down expired content, thereby adding value to business operations at every stage of the asset lifecycle.
‘RightsU’ addresses business scenarios with intelligent modules and granular reporting. From acquisition to syndication, business has visibility across complex, multi-layered combinations of platforms, territories, period, holdbacks, languages, and so on. It provides actionable insights to the right people at the right time.
Broadcast Management System for Broadcast House and OTT Platform
U-TO Solutions and BroadView software is dedicated to delivering solutions to the TV broadcast industry worldwide. With over 1,000 channels using the Broadview software globally, the company has in-depth experience in broadcast operations. BroadView is powerful, yet easy-to-use and helps in managing multi-channel needs in programming, traffic, on-demand, media and ad-sales for linear and non-linear modalities.
Strong Presence in Middle East and Africa
The Middle East and Africa have been strong business allies for U-TO since inception. Committed and aligned to its growth, the company recognises both the strategic importance of the region and the boom that the OTT industry has had recently. From its regional base in the UAE, it is poised to offer broadcast solutions and services to prospective leads and existing customers spread across the horizon. U-TO has made its presence in the Middle East with increased investments and rapid expansion.
Some projects include:
Moby Group, (Dubai, Pakistan, Afghanistan & Ethiopia)
- Tolo TV, Tolo News and Lemar TV channels in Afghanistan (which are being uplinked from the Moby Group’s first-of-its-kind and state-of-the-art facility in Afghanistan)
- Kana TV: Operations team based out of Ethiopia
Image Nation, Abu Dhabi
- In partnership with Discovery Communications launched Quest Arabiya a free-to-air channel for the Middle East region
- U-TO facilitated the integration and is supporting automatic generation of dynamic secondary events including native support for Arabic with playout interfaces at Ericson (TwoFour54)
U-TO’s esteemed list of clients include businesses across:
- Television networks and stations
- Specialty channels and cable networks
- OTT and on-demand platform operators and aggregators
- Non-commercial broadcasters
- Studios/production houses
- Sony Pictures Network (India) – 50+ channels
- Viacom18 Media PVT LTD (India) – 45+ channels
- Discovery Communications (USA) – 10+ USA channels
- Public Broadcasting Service (USA) – 15+ channels
- Rogers (USA) – 45+ channels