At the forefront of Indian content distribution
IndiaCast Media Distribution Private Limited is India’s first multi-platform ‘content asset monetisation’ entity, jointly owned by TV18 & Viacom18. IndiaCast is uniquely poised to make the most of the ever-growing Indian content distribution market in an increasingly digitised environment.
The company’s mandate includes domestic distribution, placement services, international channel distribution, International Business marketing and advertising sales, new media (digital) distribution and content syndication for all the group companies (TV18, Viacom18, A+E Networks | TV18, ETV network and Turner International India) channels and content. In India, IndiaCast aggregates and distributes over 68 channels spanning genres including general entertainment (Hindi and regional), kids, news (Hindi, English, business, international and regional), music (Hindi and international), infotainment and lifestyle, movies (Hindi and English), etc. Internationally, IndiaCast has a portfolio of over 25 channels including Colors, MTV India, MTV Beats, Rishtey, News 18 and ETV’s regional language channels that are viewed in 94 countries.
In the Middle East and Africa, IndiaCast has strived to produce content that is locally relevant to its viewers, and which was conceptualised and produced in the UAE.
The company has channeled its resources and scaled ahead to become the foremost entertainment choice for the South Asian community in the region. IndiaCast has also introduced various Bollywood-led events around music, cricket and comedy.
Locally Produced Shows
- Brain Wagon: A family quiz show where participating teams consisting of an adult and a child, challenge each other’s teams over tasks focused on GK, Science, Math, Bollywood, etc.
- Colors CricQuiz: A clutter breaking cricket quiz show that includes a series of challenging tasks that brought the fun element by putting the participants’ cricket quotient to test.
Body & Mind: A health and wellness show which encompassed everything from healthy eating to healthy living, taking viewers on a journey towards better health by featuring some of the region’s best destinations and experts for a healthy lifestyle.
- CheckMate: Hunt for the Smartest Young Executive in the Middle East: A show wherein more than 500 students from across universities auditioned. 16 aspiring students were shortlisted who competed in a TV series of holistic business challenges to win an opportunity to intern with leading corporates in the Middle East.
Apart from the locally produced shows, Indiacast also stages various live events across the GCC which include:
- MTV India Unplugged in Dubai and Oman: Featuring leading Bollywood playback singers like KK, Papon, Lucky Ali, Ayushmann Khurrana, Shafaqat Ali, Ali Zafar, Badshah, Salim Sulaiman, Kailash Kher and Harshdeep Kaur.
Colors Live Events
- Hazaaron Khwahishein Aisi – A Tribute to late Ghazal Maestro Jagjit Singh: Featuring Shekhar Ravjiani along with guest of honour Javed Akhtar. Javed Akhtar, the master of poetry, recited his heartfelt, poetic verses while sharing his fond memories of late Jagjit Singh, while Shekhar Ravjiani and Deepak Pandit added to the magic by syncing Akhtar’s words with their delightful voice and tune respectively, bringing nostalgia to fans of Jagjit Singh.
- Colors Cricket Conclave: Featuring leading Indian and Pakistani cricketers, Virender Sehwag and Shoaib Akhtar. It was a 90-minute gala dinner session of cricketing secrets, stories and uninhibited entertainment while showcasing their passion for cricket.
- Book Launch of Bollywood Star Rishi Kapoor: An evening of entertainment and humour with the evergreen veteran actor and the launch of his book Khullam Khulla.
- Stand-up Comedy Events: Various stand-up comedy events with comedians such as Johnny Lever, Jamie Lever and Sunil Grover, to name a few.
Local Community Initiatives
- Dubai Summer Camp – A six-week summer camp attended by more than 200 school children per week, aged three to nine, across four centres in the UAE that created a safe, enjoyable experience for children as they learned new skills while attending workshops covering diverse activities like dance, art, aerobics, baking, painting, swimming and more.
- Colors Ka Sartaj – A talent hunt organised for the welfare of the blue-collar workforce in the UAE reached out to 65,000 workers covering approximately 60 labour camps in the UAE.